Altar Server, Eucharistic Minister, and Lector schedules will be posted in next weekend’s bulletin. Note that there will only be one altar server (for inside masses), two lectors, one intercession reader, and three Eucharistic Ministers needed for each mass. If you do not want to serve or have a preference in masses, please contact Gia Patton at email@example.com or call at 814-312-8380.
For updates on confessions, masses, distribution of Holy Communion see the Bulletin Link to your left for May 24, 2020 and/or the Diocese website at: www.dioceseaj.org
Please note: Vacation Bible School has been cancelled for this year.
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMS: College Scholarship application forms for those beginning/continuing their college education are available in the Gathering Space. Scholarship monies are for vocational, associate and bachelor degree programs. There are separate forms for vocational scholarships. Saint Matthew student parishioners are required to submit an application each year. Completed forms should be returned to the parish office by June 15, 2020
ATTENTION ALL PARISH CHAIRPERSONS!
All council, committee, organization, and activity chairpersons are asked to begin planning your meetings and events for July 2020-June 2021. Your dates are due to Debbie Zakrzwski in the Parish Office by Monday, June 15th. The review of the annual calendar will take place at a date yet to be determined.
- Mass Scheduling for 2020 Please note in scheduling of Masses for 2020, there will most likely be two intentions for each mass due to a reduction in mass availability times and a backlog of mass intentions. Sunday masses will be limited to two per family per year. In addition, there will be no mass intentions accepted for at least the first 6 months of this year due to a backlog of masses and when mass intentions are accepted the number of masses you can request may be limited. Thank you for patience and understanding.
Knights of Columbus – If you are between the ages of 18-88+ and are a Catholic gentlemen in communion with the Holy See, you are eligible to become a Knight of Columbus! Why should you join the K of C? If you would like to be more actively involved in your church and community, support projects for those in need, and become involved in a program you are greatly committed to, then you need us! Because we need you! We need men who are willing to share their special talents and abilities with others. What a great way of thanking Jesus for your many blessings! Contact Rich NcNelis 814-321-4013, Membership Director, St. Gregory Council 1218
Please note that if you have not received your bi-monthly contribution envelopes or have changes in address, you need to contact the parish office. Changes in name and address usually take at least an envelope cycle (2-3 months) to change due to company turnaround. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Home Nursing Agency is seeking volunteers for their program, Healing Patch (to aid children who have lost a parent or sibling). New volunteers receive comprehensive training and have assistance in obtaining necessary clearances. For more information, contact Melody Ray at (814) 947-7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saint Francis University’s Adult Degree & Continuing Studies program caters to adult learners. Our programs are accredited and fully online. We offer affordable tuition. Check out our programs in Business, Early Childhood Education, Behavioral Science, Health Studies, and more! If you’re interested in learning more you can call us at 814-472-3012, email email@example.com, or at www.francis/edu/adcs. Become that Someone today!
CATHOLIC REGISTER: In the Gathering Space are copies of the Catholic Register. The Register will no longer be mailed to individual parishioners but copies will be sent to each parish for distribution monthly.
The Diocese has also launched an on–line newspaper –PROCLAIM!: The Good News of Altoona-Johnstown featuring diocesan news, information, and commentary – including happenings at parishes and schools. Visit the site at www.proclaim.dioceseaj.org and sign up for
- Try Catholic Radio – WJVM 90.3 FM the Voice of Divine Mercy
- PROJECT RACHEL: Would you like to find peace in your heart with your aborted child, with God, with the Church? Don’t be afraid, the door is open. For women, men, anyone wounded by abortion. Contact Project Rachel 814-884-8000. ProjectRachel@dioceseaj.org. All calls are confidential.
- AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of eligible purchase to our parish. Please go to the following link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1390606 and you can start helping our church in this very easy way.
- Please remember our local Tyrone Food Bank. Canned soups, peanut butter, cereal, jelly, and personal care items are always needed. The Food Bank requests that dates on all donations be current. Expired items cannot be accepted.
Liturgical Ministries Schedule