Our Catholic Ministries Drive – Ignite Your Faith for Christ’s Mission launches today throughout our Diocese. Your sacrificial gifts of prayer and treasure will make an immediate impact for clergy and laity. The CMD drive focuses on a select group of 14 ministries with emphasis on the poor, families, youth, seminarians, and leadership development of clergy and laity. The programs of our local parishes are essential because much of the work of the Church takes place at the local level. It would be impossible for any individual parish to duplicate the scope of these ministries: we must all share the responsibility.
Please remember that our parish uses the monthly “YELLOW ENVELOPE” to collect our CMD donations although donations online are welcome. All contributions received beyond our parish target will be used toward upgrades within our parish. Thank you for supporting these vital ministries with sacrificial gifs of prayers and treasure. 100% of your donation goes directly to these ministries.
CCW Lenten Spirituality Program – You are invited to the CCW Lenten Spirituality Program to be held Mondays, March 2, 9, 16, 223, & 30 from 10 am to noon. This 5-week series, using DVD presentations by best-selling author Edward Sri, will guide you through the last hours of Jesus’ life. Through readings, DVD presentations, discussions and prayer, come to a deeper understanding of God’s immeasurable and unconditional love. Pre-registration is required by Feb. 24th Cost of program: $20; Cost of book $15. Send registration by mail with payment to CCW Incarnation Center, 394 Bem Road, Gallitzin, PA 16641 or email registration to email@example.com regarding credit card payment. All sessions will be held at the CCW Incarnation Center.
- Receiving the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist Sessions for adult Catholics needing the Sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation have begun on Wednesdays at 6:30pm or any time upon request. In Catholic life, it is necessary to be confirmed in order to be a godparent at Baptism or a sponsor at Confirmation. For more information, call Sue Burkholder at 684-0352.
- Adult Faith Formation Class at St. Rose of Lima parish in Altoona. Lead by Deacon Donald Gibboney on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. March 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31, and April 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th and May 5th. Faith development of every person is a lifelong journey. These classes are for everyone who wants to grow in faith and love God. Make plans to join us. For more information contact Marybeth at 814-361-2000 or visit us online at www.dioceseaj.org/lay-ecclesial-ministry/.
ARISE – SEASON 4
ARISE during Lent Begins: 46 individuals will be enjoying the small-faith sharing group opportunities of ARISE during Lent. Sessions start this Sunday evening plus other times and run until the end of March. Group Leaders will be collecting the $8 to cover the discussion booklets. Thank you for participating.
ARISE Project for Tyrone Food Bank: Past participants in ARISE have requested a repeat of our highly successful Food Bank Drive during Advent 2019. Attached to the bulletin is a wish list from the Food Bank of items most often needed. Starting now and ending March 29th you are invited to participate in this project. Ask your neighbors to join you. Over 200 families are served from our local Food Bank. The needs are real.
The Annual Collection of Old Palm and Religious Articles exchange will take place February 1st to February 23rd. Please limit your donation to those dates. Blessed items that are not claimed will be disposed of in keeping with Church policy of being buried or burned. Unclaimed unblessed items will be thrown away.
- Rosary Making On the 3rd and 4th Thursday of every month at 1 pm in the gathering space, we will be making rosaries for the apostleship of the Seas and Military Service members. All are welcome to come and help make rosaries. All materials will be provided. If school is cancelled the session will not be held. Thank you.
- Mass Scheduling for 2020 Please note in scheduling of Masses for 2020, there will most likely be two intentions for each mass due to a reduction in mass availability times and a backlog of mass intentions. Sunday masses will be limited to two per family per year. In addition, there will be no mass intentions accepted for at least the first 6 months of this year due to a backlog of masses and when mass intentions are accepted the number of masses you can request may be limited. Thank you for patience and understanding.
Knights of Columbus – If you are between the ages of 18-88+ and are a Catholic gentlemen in communion with the Holy See, you are eligible to become a Knight of Columbus! Why should you join the K of C? If you would like to be more actively involved in your church and community, support projects for those in need, and become involved in a program you are greatly committed to, then you need us! Because we need you! We need men who are willing to share their special talents and abilities with others. What a great way of thanking Jesus for your many blessings! Contact Rich NcNelis 814-321-4013, Membership Director, St. Gregory Council 1218
Please note that if you have not received your bi-monthly contribution envelopes or have changes in address, you need to contact the parish office. Changes in name and address usually take at least an envelope cycle (2-3 months) to change due to company turnaround. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
All occasion cards are available in the gathering space. Please feel free to take any cards you want. Also, if you have cards you would like to donate for someone else to use please, leave them by the box.
- Home Nursing Agency is seeking volunteers for their program, Healing Patch (to aid children who have lost a parent or sibling). New volunteers receive comprehensive training and have assistance in obtaining necessary clearances. For more information, contact Melody Ray at (814) 947-7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saint Francis University’s Adult Degree & Continuing Studies program caters to adult learners. Our programs are accredited and fully online. We offer affordable tuition. Check out our programs in Business, Early Childhood Education, Behavioral Science, Health Studies, and more! If you’re interested in learning more you can call us at 814-472-3012, email email@example.com, or at www.francis/edu/adcs. Become that Someone today!
CATHOLIC REGISTER: In the Gathering Space are copies of the Catholic Register. The Register will no longer be mailed to individual parishioners but copies will be sent to each parish for distribution monthly.
The Diocese has also launched an on–line newspaper –PROCLAIM!: The Good News of Altoona-Johnstown featuring diocesan news, information, and commentary – including happenings at parishes and schools. Visit the site at www.proclaim.dioceseaj.org and sign up for
- Try Catholic Radio – WJVM 90.3 FM the Voice of Divine Mercy
- PROJECT RACHEL: Would you like to find peace in your heart with your aborted child, with God, with the Church? Don’t be afraid, the door is open. For women, men, anyone wounded by abortion. Contact Project Rachel 814-884-8000. ProjectRachel@dioceseaj.org. All calls are confidential.
- AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of eligible purchase to our parish. Please go to the following link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1390606 and you can start helping our church in this very easy way.
- Please remember our local Tyrone Food Bank during these long winter months. Canned soups, peanut butter, cereal, jelly, and personal care items are always needed. The Food Bank requests that dates on all donations be current. Expired items cannot be accepted.
Liturgical Ministries Schedule