- Next Weekend’s Second Collection will be for the Catholic Home Mission Appeal – envelope provided in your monthly packet.
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month The Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown is firmly committed to protecting children and youth. If you have a reasonable cause of suspected child abuse, general child well-being concerns or know of other abuse of minors please report your concerns to: call 911 immediately if there is an indication of imminent danger, call PA Child Line 1-800-932-0313, call PA State Police Headquarters 717-783-5599 or your local police station
- The Carmelite Community of the Word invites you to our Annual Hands & Hearts Haiti Fet (Paschal Festival), on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at Our Lady of Loretto Hall, 279 St. Elizabeth Street, Loretto, PA 15940. Please join us for an afternoon of good food, and enriching entertainment through Haiti stores and information on the CCW Hands & Hearts Ministry efforts. The afternoon will include a silent auction and opportunity to purchase Haitian Art and Craft items. Doors open at 1:15 pm; Dinner and Program at 2 pm tickets are $35 for adults and 415 children under 13. In addition, each participate is asked to contribute an item of children’s or teens new underwear or socks. Contact the CCW Incarnation Center at 814-886-4098 for tickets or for more information. Ticket deadline is April 29th. All proceeds will benefit CCW Hands & Hearts Haiti Ministry.
- SAVE THE DATE: The Mass to honor our High School graduates (10:30 am) and the Banquet (to be held after the 10:30 am Mass) will take place on Sunday, May 5, 2019. Seniors and Parents/Guardians with
- The GLORY AND PRAISE CHOIR will rehearse tomorrow evening, Monday, April 22 (6:30 Guitarists, 7:00 Vocalists) for the Easter season. We will then minister at the following 10:30 AM Masses: April 28, May 5, May 19, and May 26. Any parishioner is welcome to join us in celebrating this most festive season of the church year.
- Mark your calendars for the annual ANOINTING OF THE SICK Mass which will be held in two weeks: Saturday, May 4, 5PM Mass. Persons of any age suffering from acute or chronic illness, preparing for surgery, or dealing with the effects of aging are welcome to receive this Sacrament of Healing.
- Please join Catholic Charities on Thursday, April 25th at The Ramada Inn in State College for their Wines of the Pacific Northwest tasting and pairing event. This will be an extraordinary evening of wine, food and fun, all while supporting families in your community. A sommelier will share six specially selected and spectacular wines from the Pacific Northwest, carefully paired with delicious appetizers. The event will feature a mix of whites, reds, and rose wines so there will be something for everyone to enjoy. Tickets are $50 per person, and all proceeds will go towards funding services for those in need in your community. Tickets are available by called 814-944-9388.
- The Family Life Office of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown is once again sponsoring a day of prayer and fellowship for those who have lost a spouse on Wednesday, May 8th. Mass will be celebrated at 11 AM at Immaculate Conception Parish, 1640 New Germany Road, Summerhill. All deceased spouses will be mentioned and remembered at the Liturgy. Guests are invited to provide the name of the deceased spouse when they register for their observance.
- A luncheon will follow the Mass in Marian Hall at the parish. Reservations are required by Wednesday, May 1st. Contact the Family Life Office by phone at 814-886-5551 or at firstname.lastname@example.org A suggested $5 donation can be offered on the day of the event.
- Saint Francis University’s Adult Degree & Continuing Studies program caters to adult learners. Our programs are accredited and fully online. We offer affordable tuition. Check out our programs in Business, Early Childhood Education, Behavioral Science, Health Studies, and more! If you’re interested in learning more you can call us at 814-472-3012, email email@example.com, or at www.francis/edu/adcs. Become that Someone today!
- MOVIE TO SEE – The movie Unplanned is in theaters in the area: UEC Theatres in State College and AMC Classic Theatre in Altoona. The movie presents the story of Abby Johnson who worked for Planned Parenthood for many years but had a conversion after witnessing a live fetus during an ultrasound. This experience transformed her into an ardent pro-life advocate.
CATHOLIC REGISTER: In the Gathering Space are copies of the Catholic Register. The Register will no longer be mailed to individual parishioners but copies will be sent to each parish for distribution monthly.
The Diocese has also launched an on–line newspaper PROCLAIM!: The Good News of Altoona-Johnstown featuring diocesan news, information, and commentary – including happenings at parishes and schools. Visit the site at www.proclaim.dioceseaj.org and sign up for regular e-mail updates delivered to your inbox.
- Try Catholic Radio – WJVM 90.3 FM the Voice of Divine Mercy
- PROJECT RACHEL: Would you like to find peace in your heart with your aborted child, with God, with the Church? Don’t be afraid, the door is open. For women, men, anyone wounded by abortion. Contact Project Rachel 814-884-8000. ProjectRachel@dioceseaj.org. All calls are confidential.
- AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of eligible purchase to our parish. Please go to the following link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1390606 and you can start helping our church in this very easy way.
- Please remember our local Tyrone Food Bank during these long winter months. Canned soups, peanut butter, cereal, jelly, and personal care items are always needed.
- Stations of the Cross project sponsored by Olivia Butler, 11th grade student at Bishop Guilfoyle is seeking donations. The Stations will be placed on the grounds of Bishop Guilfoyle High School. Donations are being accepted and can be sent to BG High School, 2400 Pleasant Valley Blvd., Altoona, PA 16602 (Atten: Business Office). Donations of $150 or more may request to have a Station memorialized. This project will assist Olivia in achieving her Girl Scout Ambassador’s Award.
Liturgical Ministries Schedule