REMINDER TO ALL MUSIC MINISTERS! Our annual Music Ministry Gathering will take place THIS Thursday, June 13, 6PM, at the Bull Pen Restaurant. Please RSVP to Sister Karen by TOMORROW (Monday)—if you haven’t already—so that the correct number of attendees can be called into the restaurant.
- FOOD, FUN AND INSPIRATION FOR BODY AND SOUL Please respond to the present and near future Gathering Space materials related to the following great events sponsored by the Parish Life Committee.
Sunday, August 11 – Parish Mass /Picnic at Reservoir Park
Friday, October 4 – Bus Trip: “Jesus”
Friday, December 6 – Bus Trip: “Christmas Miracle”
NOTE: Bus trips are to sight and Sound Theatre in Ronks, PA. Cost is $110 plus $16 for buffet meal at Golden Corral. It may not seem like it, but these are reasonable prices for these events.
LAST CALL–MEMORIAL WALL ADDITIONS
Sr. Karen will be away through Tuesday, June 11, but please contact her no later than June 17 to set up a late June appointment to discuss the details of your desired memorial Wall plaque(s).
ATTENTION LECTORS AND EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS! Dates for which you will be UNAVAILABLE for Ministry during the months of July, August and September are due to Sr. Karen no later than next Monday, June 17. Thank s to those who have already responded.
JULY 2019-JUNE2020 MASTER CALENDAR REVIEW Chairpersons—or their representative—of all Parish and School Councils, Committees, Organizations, and Activities are expected to be present for the master Calendar Review Meeting on Tuesday, June 8, 6:30PM, in the Gathering Space. Thank you to all Chairs who so promptly prepared and submitted their desired dates, times and places for their gatherings!!!!
REMINDER – First Holy Communion Banners are available in the Gathering Space for pick-up. High School Seniors are also encouraged to take their photos.
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMS
College Scholarship application forms for those beginning/continuing their college education are available in the Gathering Space. Scholarship monies are for vocational and associate and bachelor degree programs. There are separate forms for vocational schools. Students are required to submit an application each year. Completed forms should be returned to the parish office by June 15, 2019.
Can You Help? – Three-year-old Ailani Myers, granddaughter of Saint Matthew parishioners Jamie and Gary DiDomenico, has leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant. Since a match has not been found, a Bone Marrow Registry Drive is being held at Bishop Guilfoyle High School on Sunday, June 9th from 11am – 2pm. If you are between the ages of 18-44, please consider giving the gift of life. It is as simple as completing a form and swabbing your cheek. If you are unable to attend but would like to have a kit mailed to you, then register online at: join.bethematch.org/4ailani or text “4Ailani” to 61474.
Experience Peace, Tranquility & Healing at the home of Padre Pio in the USA – Join Fr. Dave Peles and Deacon Michael Russo for a day-long Pilgrimage to the National Center for Saint Padre Pio on June 26, 2019. Round trip bus fare is $55.00 per person. Lunch is $21.00 per person-gratuities are included. The Padre Pio Shrine is located in Barto, PA. Explore the gallery, visit the center, pray in the magnificent chapel, and visit the museum. Bus will depart at 7 am at Saint Benedict Church in Johnstown. For more info. contact Deacon Michael Russo at 814-288-3036 or Michael.email@example.com
- RELIGIOUS EDUCATION NEWS
Vacation Bible School volunteers needed for June 24-28, 2019 from 9 am to 12 noon. Please contact Gia Patton firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Any help would be appreciated! Registration forms will be available in the Gathering Space next weekend.
Love in an Age of Loneliness: A Day Retreat on the Family. Don’t miss this opportunity to reflect on marriage and family life with well-known speakers and authors Kimberly Hahn and Mike Aquilina. Includes Mass with Bishop Mark, confession, Adoration, and lunch. Saturday, June 22nd, starting at 9am at St. Joseph’s Catholic Academy in Boalsburg, PA . The first 100 to register will receive a free copy of the The First Society by Scott Hahn. Spaces are limited. Register at https://stjoeacad.org/love-in-an-age-of-loneliness/
Saint Francis University – Red Flash Boys Basketball Camps
Session 1 – June 24th to Jun 28th @ Hollidaysburg YMCA
Session 2 – July 29th to August 2nd @ Maurice Stokes Athletics Center at SFU Ages are from 5 to 17 ~ Group and Family discounts available. To register call Luke McConnell at 814-471-1114 or email email@example.com or you can visit the website camps.jumpforward.com/sfubasketball
Families United for Change Is Your Family Suffering from Drug Addiction? We are a group of Family Members affected by Addiction starting a grass roots effort to bring about change in recovery. Next Meeting: May 14th 2019 (and, every second Tuesday of the Month) at 7 pm. Location is Hope Community Church, 1520 11th Street, Lower Level, Altoona PA For questions please call 814-934-8067
Diocesan Summer Camp Opportunities – Registrations for Diocesan summer camps, Camp Timothy (Grades 10-12 and newly graduated seniors) and Camp Zacchaeus (grades 4-9) are being accepted. Anyone interested in attending a camp or information on donating to the Angel Fund, please contact Francine Swope in the Youth Ministry Office 814-317-2646.
- Saint Francis University’s Adult Degree & Continuing Studies program caters to adult learners. Our programs are accredited and fully online. We offer affordable tuition. Check out our programs in Business, Early Childhood Education, Behavioral Science, Health Studies, and more! If you’re interested in learning more you can call us at 814-472-3012, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or at www.francis/edu/adcs. Become that Someone today!
CATHOLIC REGISTER: In the Gathering Space are copies of the Catholic Register. The Register will no longer be mailed to individual parishioners but copies will be sent to each parish for distribution monthly.
The Diocese has also launched an on–line newspaper –PROCLAIM!: The Good News of Altoona-Johnstown featuring diocesan news, information, and commentary – including happenings at parishes and schools. Visit the site at www.proclaim.dioceseaj.org and sign up for regular e-mail updates delivered to your inbox.
Families United for Change We are a group of Family Members affected by Addiction starting a grass roots effort to bring about change in recovery. Meetings are every second Tuesday of the Month at 7 pm. Location is Hope Community Church, 1520 11th Street, Lower Level, Altoona PA For questions please call 814-934-8067
- Try Catholic Radio – WJVM 90.3 FM the Voice of Divine Mercy
- PROJECT RACHEL: Would you like to find peace in your heart with your aborted child, with God, with the Church? Don’t be afraid, the door is open. For women, men, anyone wounded by abortion. Contact Project Rachel 814-884-8000. ProjectRachel@dioceseaj.org. All calls are confidential.
- AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of eligible purchase to our parish. Please go to the following link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1390606 and you can start helping our church in this very easy way.
- Please remember our local Tyrone Food Bank during these long winter months. Canned soups, peanut butter, cereal, jelly, and personal care items are always needed.
- Stations of the Cross project sponsored by Olivia Butler, 11th grade student at Bishop Guilfoyle is seeking donations. The Stations will be placed on the grounds of Bishop Guilfoyle High School. Donations are being accepted and can be sent to BG High School, 2400 Pleasant Valley Blvd., Altoona, PA 16602 (Atten: Business Office). Donations of $150 or more may request to have a Station memorialized. This project will assist Olivia in achieving her Girl Scout Ambassador’s Award.
Liturgical Ministries Schedule